- 1 pear, finely dice
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a mixing bowl, mash together cheese, garlic, pear, onion, salt, pepper and then stir chopped spinach leaves until combined.
- Cut a slit 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast without cutting all the way through, this will make a pocket to put the stuffing in.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the mixture and close it with a toothpick.
- Lightly season the chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Heat cooking oil in an oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on each side (~4 minutes per side)
- Bake at 425˚F for 10-15 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers at 165˚F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve.