- 1:1 sessions to support your nutrition needs
- Our Dietitians are able to support you with a variety of nutritional needs.
Family & Couples Sessions
Support special exhibitions.
- General admission and member discounts for two adults
- Four free tickets per special exhibition
- Four single-use guest passes per year
Take support to the next level.
- Food Allergy Support
- Sports Nutrition
Schedule a Visit
GET IN TOUCH
What is the difference between a dietitian and a nutritionist?
The title of Dietitian is protected across Canada, similar to physician, nurse and pharmacist. The title of Nutritionist is protected in Alberta, Quebec and Nova Scotia. Furthermore, dietitians have a degree in food and nutritional sciences from an accredited university program and are required to complete a 1 year internship program and pass the Canadian Dietitian Registration Exam. Just like all regulated health professionals, dietitians are required to complete continuing education competencies each year.
I’ve never met with a dietitian before, are they going to critique what I eat?
Dietitians have a bad wrap for being food police. The majority of the dietitians we know, and certainly the ones on our team, LOVE food. We are not the food police. We believe all food fits; it’s a matter of balance.
How long are the sessions?
- Initial appointments are 60 minutes
- Follow up appointments are 45 minutes
- Family/Couples sessions are 60 minutes
Why should I see a regulated health professional?
- These regulatory bodies are there to protect the public.
- Dietitians are held to high standards by these regulatory bodies. Dietitians will undergo random audits every 4 years.
- The provincial regulatory bodies act as a point of contact for client complaints and malpractice concerns.
What can I expect from working with a dietitian?
- For the LOVE of FOOD’s dietitians will work with you to meet your nutrition goals. Each appointment is tailored to your specific needs. Please read the team bios found under the about us tab to find which dietitian will best meet your needs. If you are unsure please email us at email@example.com and we can help guide you.
How much are sessions?
- Initial appointment $190.00, follow up $155.00
- Couples and family nutrition support $280.00
- Food Allergy including FPIES and FPIAP $240.00
- Sports Nutrition Sessions $240.00
Most extended health plans cover Registered Dietitian services. Most group insurance plans including: Manulife, Blue Cross, Sunlife, GreatWest Life, Green Shield will cover up to $500 for dietitian services. At this time, we do not direct bill, however we provide you with an invoice after your session. You can submit directly to your insurance company and will be reimbursed based on your coverage. It may be worth checking with your workplace benefit plan to see if you qualify! If you do not have coverage, the cost of your appointments are considered a tax-deductible medical expense that you can claim on you income taxes.
How can I pay for my session?
- We accept payments through credit card, or e-transfer. Please note credit card information is collected to book and reserve a session. This card will not be charged until the end of the session.
Will my session be covered by my extended health plan?
- Most extended health plans cover around a minimum of $500 per calendar year per registered family member. Each plan varies, please contact your health plan coverage provider to find out if and how much coverage you have for dietitian services.